8 Feb 2009

Dear folks,

Göran's daughter #1 - Emma Johannesson


Back in April 2008 I told my secretary on earth to tell you about "Life in Rataryd in 1887". That was the place were my daughter Emma raised her family together with her husband Bengt Johan Johannesson. By that time she had had four kids: Frida, being six years old, Hjalmar, a boy of five, Karl Wilhelm who was then two years old but would not live to be a grown man and finally David, newborn by the time.

David was the one who I told you about just recently, as he was one of the young people going with his uncle Oscar, my oldest son, when he returned to South Dakota after his visit in Sweden in 1903-04. David's kids and grandkids live in Canada and now and then visit this site, so hello to you from my secretary and from myself up here of course!

Well, back to business. Today I wanted to let you know that yet another little baby was born into the family of Emma and Bengt Johan. He was born in 1896 , was given the name Albert and we will hear about his family later. They are to be found not too far from the place of their origin. He grew up to be the handsome young man who you can see on the picture to the right.




Göran's daughter # 2 - Anna Charlotta Johansson

Back in April 2008 I also told you about my second daughter Anna and her "Life in Ingelstad in 1887". She had by then married Sven-Gustav Johansson and had started raising a family. Her first born was called Johan Gottfried and was five years old by then, her second baby was a girl called Karin, three years old by the time. She was the one I told you about recently, going with my son Oscar when he returned after his visit in Sweden 1904. Her name was then changed to Carrie and she stayed in the States all her life. There was also a little boy of a year by that time, born in 1886, called Joseph who stayed in Sweden, being the only one of the siblings doing so.


Today I want to continue with the rest of my grandkids by Anna. In 1889 another girl was born. Her name was Sigrid and I am a little insecure but I think it is her on the picture to the right. You know I do have quite a few grandkids to keep track of by now, being dead does not make it easier to remember.



In 1892 there was another girl arriving to the family. Her name was Hanna. We think she is the girl standing to the very right on the family picture below.


In 1894 Paul was born. He is the boy standing to the very left on the photo above. Some years later, for me unknown, their little boy Ragnar was born. Finally their youngest daughter Vera. These two youngest came to the land of their origin, Sweden, to visit around 1955. But that is to go too far ahead in time - we are trying to tell you the story up to 1903 for all five of my children before we continue.

Your ancestor, still alive up here,

Göran Danielsson.

No comments: