17 Nov 2010

My daughter Maria's children


Dear ones,

Keeping track of my great grandkids is a huge task even if they are no longer running along but are maturing both in body and mind. I guess that one of the youngest of them all is the husband of my secretary. He is 55 years of age and still busy farming parts of his ancestor's land. Happily, judged by this picture below. His father Caleb, the youngest son of my daughter Maria was also farming the same land and is seen on the picture above.





And who knows what lies ahead. The fifth generation is still too young to take over:




My secretary is busy studying old documents which was found in a secret compartment of a chest of drawers. It was contracts of sale and estate inventories from the village of Hovdinge, dated back as far as 1837. On one of the documents the judge of the village, "häradsdomaren", had signed his name. And guess who that was!?! His name was Daniel Olofsson and he was my father, born in 1793, in Göteryd, Sweden. Here is his signature from the document:


Warm blessings from above,

Goran Danielsson.


No comments: